Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Baby Talk

I hate thinking about the fact that my little girl is becoming such a big girl. It's so hard to believe that she will actually be starting school in a few months! My baby...in school! With all this "growing up" comes the disappearance of "baby talk". I've always loved how little ones have their own words for certain things. As she started to talk, Molly always seemed to put a "y" on the end of every word. Example: Bottle was "bowee", later was "waytery". And, she never said "I" or "me"...it was always "my". "My wuv you" or "Hand it to my". But now, almost everything she says is "big girl talk", and I really miss all the baby talk that only I understood. Sure, she still has a few words that seem to be unique to her, but most of them are gone. One of my favorites is that she still doesn't say "pie", she says "pipe"..."I want some peanut butter pipe"!
I bring all this up because this weekend she came up with a new word that brought back all the memories of baby talk. She was riding her bicycle on the carport while I was watering flowers. She suddenly came running up to me & said, "Mommy, did you see that? There was a buzzlebee after me!" I didn't even correct her...I guess I'm trying to keep her a baby as long as possible!

(In her favorite "buzzlebee" dress)

No comments:

Myrtle Beach 2007

Here's a video of Molly & Caroline running from the waves on our 2007 vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's amazing to see how much they have changed since then. Enjoy...