Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hello Spring & Hello Pollen!

I'm so happy it is finally "officially" Spring! Unfortunately, with spring comes pollen which sends my allergies into overdrive. I've been suffering since the weekend...hopefully we'll get some rain in the next couple of days to wash some of this pollen away! We had supper with friends at Roscoe & Jeannette's house Friday night. Molly enjoyed playing with the other kids that were there & we enjoyed seeing friends we haven't seen in quite a while. Saturday morning, Molly & I went to her friend Ella Claire's 3rd birthday party! There was a huge inflatable obstacle course with a slide in the shape of a princess castle...Molly was in heaven! We headed over to the Mason's house that night for supper and to try out their new Wii game. It was really fun, despite the fact that I really sucked at playing darts! Sunday, Molly & Eric headed to the farm. I tried to stay inside as much as possible that day...my allergies were killing me! I went back to Dr. Sharkey's office yesterday. Allen removed the one place that Dr. Cormier had picked out in Houston. And, boy, did he ever cut a chunk out of my let. I have around 25-30 stitches under the skin & about 15 or so on the outside. Needless to say, it's a little sore today! After my appointment, I rushed back from Dublin to pick Molly up, because we had a Pampered Chef party to go to at Beth's house. She was waiting for me on Meme's front porch, squealing that she had a "burprise" (which means surprise) for me. Meme's cat, Cali, had 4 kittens & Molly was just amazed with all of them. She kept telling me "that big ol' yellow com-cat is the daddy!" She is so funny saying "com-cat" instead of "tom-cat" every time! Aren't they just precious? We have another busy week & weekend ahead of us. Molly is dancing tomorrow night at one of the school's Spring Flings. Then, we may head over to another school for "Pancakes, Pajamas and Storytime". Molly is excited to get to wear her pajamas to go eat pancakes and listen to bedtime stories. Friday night, we're planning to go watch Molly's friend Caroline compete in her school pageant. And, this Saturday will be Molly's first t-ball practice...I cannot wait to see how that goes! I will be sure to post pictures! Also, please pray for MckMama's baby, Stellan. He was diagnosed with heart problems in the womb, and doctors said that he would never survive the entire pregnancy or especially birth. He shocked everyone when he was born perfectly healthy and with absolutely no signs of heart problems. However, now at 4 months old, his heart has gone into SVT (beating about 300 times a minute) and he is in PICU. Please send up prayers for his little heart to be healed. You can read more on MckMama's blog by clicking the "Praying for Stellan" button on my right sidebar.

No comments:

Myrtle Beach 2007

Here's a video of Molly & Caroline running from the waves on our 2007 vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's amazing to see how much they have changed since then. Enjoy...