Monday, April 20, 2009

Founder's Day Fun

Even though Eric was gone to the St. John's River fishing all weekend, Molly & I had a very busy weekend. We enjoyed spending the day together Friday...she was excited to get to go with me to my doctor's appointment. The ladies in the office gave her suckers & stickers. And, I couldn't help but think to myself..."I've been coming for all these years & having all this painful stuff done to me, but I've never gotten a sucker :)!" Later that night, we joined several friends at Ware's for supper...it was a lot of fun!
Saturday was Founder's Day, so were up & in Kite bright & early that morning. Molly's turtle placed 3rd in the turtle race & she was very excited to receive a ribbon.
Rhiana's turtle won the race & she couldn't have been more thrilled to receive her medal.
Braylon entered his "motorcycle" in the motorcyle show. It was too cute...he pulled it down there in his little red wagon attached to his Rhino.
He spent the entire week cleaning it up & was so happy when he won a trophy!
Later in the day, the kids (much to my surprise) entered the greased pig chase. Now, if you've never seen one of these, you are definitely missing out. I believe it is the funniest thing I've ever watched in my life. Unfortunately, I was laughing too hard to take any pics, but I did video it! Here is a picture of the little pig running between Molly's legs...(sorry about the quality...it's a still frame from the video).
Molly & I were so exhausted by the time we got home Saturday night. We ate supper, got our baths & headed straight for bed. Sunday, we went back to my parents to do a little fishing. However, Molly & Braylon were more interested in wading in the creek than doing any fishing. Then we came back to greet Eric when he got home. Of course, as soon as Eric reached Cooter Creek, it was time to head to farm. I guess he needed to make sure it was still there...ha! ha!
It was such a great weekend, but I cannot believe that it is already Monday again!

No comments:

Myrtle Beach 2007

Here's a video of Molly & Caroline running from the waves on our 2007 vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's amazing to see how much they have changed since then. Enjoy...