Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fishing, Birthdays & A Wreck!

It's been hectic & busy around Hammockville lately...but that's nothing unusual! Molly still is not very excited about having to get up so early in the mornings and go to school, but once she gets there, she always enjoys it. Wednesdays and Fridays have become her two favorite days...Wednesdays because she gets to go to dance practice after school & Fridays because it's "music day" at school. Last Friday night, we enjoyed supper at Ware's with the Griner's and Shannon. On Saturday, Eric was doing this... while Molly & I were doing this... We were celebrating Rhiana's 5th birthday party with a Lightning McQeen party. During the party, Molly grabbed a balloon & said, "Mommy, we forgot to send Papa Bill a balloon from my birhtday party. Can we send him one today?" She was right. In all the hustle & bustle of getting things together for her party, we forgot to release a balloon to heaven. So, that's what we did at Rhiana's party. Sunday was our turn to cook for Supper Club. It was also Mrs. Lisa's birthday. So, she joined us along with Brian, Maria & Tucker, and we grilled steaks for everyone. It was a great little get-together. Yesterday, it was time for me to head back to Dr. Sharkey's office for more biopsies with Allen. It wasn't a trip that I was really looking forward to, because I knew there were several places that he was going to cut out. Just as I got checked in & got myself seated in Dr. Sharkey's waiting room, my phone rang. It was Moma. She was hysterical & all I could hear were the words "wreck", "Molly", and "ambulance". I ran out of the doctors office & practically flew out of Dublin. When I popped the hill coming out of Adrian, I saw firetrucks, ambulances, state patrols & cars everywhere. Everything was a blur after that. I snatched my car over in the ditch & started running towards moma's Tahoe. There was someone in the back of it with an oxygen mask, but I couldn't find my family anywhere. I finally heard moma calling my name and I ran to grab Molly. They were both crying & so was I. Luckily, everyone was okay...just really shaken up. They had been rear-ended after picking up Molly, Braylon & Rhiana from school. It totalled the other lady's car. Molly happened to be riding in the third-row seat of Moma's car, so she felt the most impact. The ambulance driver checked her over thoroughly for us and said she was fine. Molly is still really shook up about it & has clung to me ever since. We are so thankful that no one was seriously injured. Needless to say, I would have much rathered been cut on at Dr. Sharkey's office than had all of my family go through that!

No comments:

Myrtle Beach 2007

Here's a video of Molly & Caroline running from the waves on our 2007 vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's amazing to see how much they have changed since then. Enjoy...