Monday, August 24, 2009

School's getting better!

I don't how I missed posting the entire week last week! But, I guess it could have something to do with having Molly in school now, a great friend's birthday supper (twice), a hair appointment, Molly's first day back at dancing, an over-night trip to Savannah, oh, and a full-time job & husband! Yeah, I guess all of that kind of took up my week! Molly had a great week at school last week. We went the entire week with no tears...from either of us. She's still not thrilled about having to go to school each day, but always has a great time once she gets there. And, she's always so excited to show me her "artwork" from the end of each day. However, I do think she has a little bully in her class. And, I mean "little" literally. The girl is half of Molly's size, but she's pulling Molly's hair everyday. Each day I've been telling Molly to tell the teacher if she does it again, and she says that she will...but, she never does! She says she doesn't want the other little girl to get in trouble. Finally, I told her Friday morning that if it happens again & she doesn't tell the teacher, then SHE'S the one that's going to be in trouble. So, as soon as I picked her up from school Friday, here was our dialogue...(I'm going to use "Sally" as the little girl's name...that's not her real name!) Me: "Molly, did Sally pull your hair again today?" Molly: "Nope." Me: "Are you sure?" Molly: "No, her didn't pull my hair all day long." Me: "Well, that's good." Molly: "But, her did push me down in the lunch line & punch me in the tooth!" Me: "Well, did you tell the teacher?" Molly: "No." Me: "Molly! Why not?" Molly: "You only said to tell the teacher if her pulled my hair!" Oh, well...at least I try! Molly spent the night with Meme Saturday night while me, Eric,Tracy & Cliff headed to Savannah to surprise Robin for her birthday. She & Shannon were already down there & she had no idea that we would be joining them. We enjoyed a delicious meal at Paula Deen's "The Lady & Sons" and then over to Savannah Smiles where we had such a great time! It was a nice weekend getaway, but we sure were proud to get back to Miss Molly yesterday afternoon! Oh, and remember the chickens I told you about in my last post? The didn't even survive the night! We found all three of them the next morning. My guess is that Jimmy was the assassin, and Bandit was the destroyer.

No comments:

Myrtle Beach 2007

Here's a video of Molly & Caroline running from the waves on our 2007 vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's amazing to see how much they have changed since then. Enjoy...