Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Week of Ups & Downs...

Well, where do I start? Let's start with the good things that have been happening the last couple of days. 1. I went back to see Allen yesterday and got a really good report from my previous biopsies. We were giving each other high-fives, because it was the first time in 5 years that I actually got a good report & he didn't have to go back in on any of the biopsy sites. So, that was great! He biopsied 4 new spots yesterday, but it went fine & I'm not sore at all today. Now, it's just wait & see again for 2 more weeks. 2. When we built the house, I really wanted to go ahead & get a security system installed, but Eric didn't, saying that it would just be aggravating. Well, he's finally decided that it wouldn't be such a bad idea after all since me & Molly are home alone so much during the farming season (which is at least 10 months a year!!) So, Brinks installed our security system Tuesday. 3. The cleaning lady came Monday...I love when she comes....I love coming home to a clean house that smells like Pine-Sol...I love that clean smell...and having clean floors that Eric hasn't trample mud all over...it's so wonderful! 4. I've been waiting 5 weeks on today...today is the day the Sears man is finally going to fix our washer. Moma has been so great helping me with my laundry for more than a month now, but I am so ready to get my washer fixed! 5. Molly has already been to 2 Valentine's parties this week. Last night, she went with Uncle Jamey to the church party. She had a ball...they ate pizza, gave out their valentines, and even danced afterwards. She came home with a whole bag of valentines (which she now totes around with her everywhere she goes guarding it like it's a bag of money). We also had a little Valentine's party at my moma's house Tuesday night for Molly, Braylon, Rhiana & Kasey. They really enjoyed playing together, eating pizza & cupcakes & getting their bags of goodies from each other. Here are a couple of pics... Ok...on to the not-so-good things that have been going on this week.... 1. The security system people accidentally hit an electrical line in the wall in Molly's room during installation. Not only did they hit it, but they cut it in half. So, that meant that the electricians had to be called to see what needed to be done. When they got there, the news wasn't good...the sheetrock had to be torn down to access the wires. (Our house is only 1 year old, and we're already having to tear down walls...geez!) Luckily, the sheetrockers were able to get started yesterday. It's a 3-day process that they should finish tomorrow, but I will then still have to repaint that wall...geez! 2. Something was programmed wrong on the security system and everytime I open my back door, the alarm goes off....which I'm sure the neighbors love. And, it totally freaks me & Molly out (and Jimmy and Bandit and Triton)! But, hopefully, that will fixed today, too! 3. The Sears man did come this morning, but still didn't have the part he needed. So, now he won't be back until Feb. 19th....geez! 4. For the last 3 days, my house has been full of security system technicians, electricians, sheetrockers, and a Sears repairman....so much for having the clean house! My floors are filthy again & it doesn't even smell clean anymore...geez! Oh, well, Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Myrtle Beach 2007

Here's a video of Molly & Caroline running from the waves on our 2007 vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's amazing to see how much they have changed since then. Enjoy...