Tuesday, June 23, 2009

High-lights & A Tornado!

Last weekend was so jam-packed with activities, I don't know where to start. So, I think I'll just hit the high-lights. Here we go: -Papa is actually doing a lot better & was able to come back home last Friday. He was sent home with a "Health Buddy". It's a computer that you use to test all of his vitals & respiratory strength twice a day. You then just punch in the results, plug it into a phone line & it sends it straight to his nurse at the VA...it's pretty cool! He's still got a ways to go, but hopefully, he's on the path to a full recovery. -Thankfully, we have water again! And, it's great! -We went to the Miss GA pageant send-off for "Miss" Raven. Raven is one of Molly's dance teachers & our reigning county queen. We'll be pulling for her this weekend & we sure do hope she brings the crown back home! -After the Miss GA send-off, we went to the Mexican restaurant for Brandon's 11th birthday. He was just 4 months old when Eric & I started dating! Man, how time flies! -While at the party, Eric called to say there was a tornado in the field with him. Luckily, it didn't do any major damage, but I think it shook him up pretty bad! I'm pretty sure he had to stop & change his clothes, though! -I kept both Braylon & Molly Friday, so that moma could help get papa home from the hospital. We had a really good time, but two kids are definitely more of a handful than just one! -I went shopping in Augusta Saturday in hopes of finding some vacation clothes. Unfortunately, I came home with lots for Molly & VERY little for myself! That child has the most clothes! We did have a great time shopping & eating, though! -Sunday, we spent the first 1/2 of the day with my family for Father's Day. The kids had a great time playing on the waterslide & in the pool. Later that afternoon, we went to the farm to meet Eric & have supper with him, Shannon & Robin. It was a wonderful (& hot) day! Well, I think that hit all of the major things we did. I know we went to Ware's at some point for supper, but I don't really remember which night it was...they've all started to run together! I guess that's a sign that it was a really good & busy Father's Day weekend! All of the guys are going to the river this weekend, so I'm sure it will be a lot calmer for all us girls! I cannot wait to hear all of their stories, though!

No comments:

Myrtle Beach 2007

Here's a video of Molly & Caroline running from the waves on our 2007 vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's amazing to see how much they have changed since then. Enjoy...