Monday, January 12, 2009

We're healthy again!

Thanks so much to everyone who has sent our family well-wishes last week. Quick update: Molly is much better. Her "stomatitis" seems to be gone...no more fever or blistered throat. She's back to eating us out of house & home! The doctor said not to get too optimistic yet, though. This nasty little illness usually knocks the immune system down to the point that it cannot fight off other infections. And, more times than not, pneumonia or bronchitis will jump on you pretty quick. So, we're keeping our fingers crossed that she's well for good now! Thursday night, I start losing my eyesight again & I knew what that meant. There was another migraine coming on. I had not had a really bad one since Molly was about 6 months old, so I took a couple of tylenol & went on to bed figuring it would be rough, but not too bad. Boy, was I wrong! At 6 am Friday morning, I was waking Eric up. It was one of the worst ones I'd had in a really long time & we headed towards the hospital (having to stop 3 times because I was nauseated) to get a shot of demerol & phenergen. Within 30 minutes of getting the shot, I was feeling tons of relief! It took most of the weekend for me to get over it, but I'm all better now! No, we still do not have a washing machine. It's driving me nuts! However, I am getting pretty spoiled with dropping my dirty laundry off with moma each morning & then picking up our clean, folded laundry each afternoon! I think I could get used to this!

No comments:

Myrtle Beach 2007

Here's a video of Molly & Caroline running from the waves on our 2007 vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's amazing to see how much they have changed since then. Enjoy...