Thursday, January 8, 2009

What the heck is "Stomatitis"?

Whew! I never thought I'd say this, but it's nice to be back at work! It has been an exhausting week thus far, but hopefully we're on the upswing now. I had planned on having the house completely spick & span by the time Eric got home from his hunting trip Tuesday night. But, that all went out the window Monday night. Monday night, Molly started running a 103 degree fever & screaming with a sore throat. Those of you that know Molly knows that she has an extremely high pain tolerance...so when she complains of pain, you know she's hurting! I was never able to get her fever below 101 the entire night, so we headed to the doctor the next morning. I was able to see spots on the back of her throat & was thinking she had strep. Boy, was I wrong! She has stomatitis...I know, I'd never heard of it either. It's actually open fever blisters on the back of throat & there is really no medicine to cure it. It just has to run it's course. I was devastated to hear that there was no immediate cure to help my baby feel better...she was just devastated that they stuck her finger & she had to wear a band-aid. On the way home, she threw up all over me, herself, her carseat & the pharmacy parking lot. Once we finally get home, I get our vomit-covered clothes off of both us & throw them into the washer. I press the power button...dead! My 1-year old washer has completely died on us! And, it looks like it's going to be at least 10 days to 2 weeks before it can be fixed. I'm used to washing clothes everyday...I'm going to be lost without my washer for 2 weeks! So, needless to say, it has been a rough few days with her not being able to eat anything, and of course, no sleep! But, her fever broke yesterday & she was able to go back to moma's today so that I could work. Hopefully, her throat will get better soon...she is hungry, but it just hurts her so bad to eat! Anyway, Eric came home to a messy house with a sick child & dirty clothes that cannot be washed. But, at least he's home (even though, he didn't take any pictures for me to post of his trip! Oh, well, I guess I'll keep him anyway!)

No comments:

Myrtle Beach 2007

Here's a video of Molly & Caroline running from the waves on our 2007 vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's amazing to see how much they have changed since then. Enjoy...